REQUIREMENTS FOR VISITORS
- All visitors must have a reservation as capacity is limited. Reservations can be made (https://signup.com/go/vRhHTsm) or by calling (315) 705-5022.
- There are four reservation times each day on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Reservations are free.
- Masks are required for all visitors and must remain on at all times within the facility. All staff will also be masked.
- Visitors will not be admitted early, please plan your arrival for the start of your reservation time. You may wait in your car or enjoy the trails if you arrive early. Please practice social distancing on the trails if you choose to walk.
- Visitors must depart at the end of their reservation time slot regardless of arrival time. The half-hour between groups is allotted to cleaning of the facility so there can be no exceptions.
- Visitors will need to sign in and answer COVID-19 related questions upon entry to the center in order to facilitate safety and, if needed, contact tracing.
- Please do not visit the center if you have a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- If you have had any known contact with a person confirmed or suspected to have Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- If you are awaiting the results of your own Covid-19 test or have tested positive in the past 14 days.
- If you have traveled from a state on the restricted list (see New York State website) within the past 14 days.
- You are currently experiencing any symptoms of illness that are NEW for you (not allergies or a pre-existing condition).
The facility is thoroughly cleaned each morning prior to opening hours.
The time between groups is used to clean all high touch surfaces, restrooms, door handles, seating, etc. and any items that were used during the reservation slot.
Sanitizer and hand wash stations are available throughout the facility for visitor use.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
All of our live animals and educational exhibits remain on display. Some high touch play areas, such as the virtual reality sandbox and puppet theater have been removed due to the difficulty in sanitizing these items.
There are no-touch activities, such as scavenger hunts, available for families to enjoy.
The lending library is closed at this time. We hope to be able to start loaning materials again in the near future.
No parties or events will be held until further notice.
**Special note through November – the classroom is reserved for NY State Parks staff through November. Visitors will not be able to go into the classroom area at all until further notice. Staff will be bringing turtles out to see visitors and have them on display in other areas of the center.